Subject: Re: [boost] Proposed SG14 <system_error2> ready for feedback
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-03-01 17:57:08

> The github readme at https://github.com/ned14/status-code gives a clear
> description how I can make use of POSIX and Windows-standard error codes.

It must therefore not be self obvious? Darn. I had thought it very
simple, basically <system_error> with a few obvious tweaks. Not worth
much explaining, anyway.

> Could we have similar short and clear examples illustrating how one can:
> 1. Create a custom error_category (or equivalent thing)
> 2. Use parametrized statuc_code

There is a test custom domain at
https://github.com/ned14/status-code/blob/master/test/main.cpp#L44.

But how about a mini-tutorial on building a custom code domain whose
status code wraps any arbitrary thrown C++ exception? It looks like SG14
and WG21 is going to need one of those in any case.

> 3. Use type-erased status_code

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting