Subject: Re: [boost] [serialization] RTTI issue with non-polymorphic types
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-03-05 18:42:55

On 3/5/18 10:34 AM, Chris Glover via Boost wrote:

>> Also, since you're put your finger on the issue, maybe there is a
>> tweak that could be made so that serialization of polymorphic types
>> might be supported as well.
>>
>> Robert Ramey
>>

> I'm not sure exactly what's required for serialization, but it might be
> possible to add support through some of the facilities in Boost.TypeIndex
> that provide a type of RTTI emulation.

actually the serialization library has it's own type tracking facility
when predated Boost.TypeIndex for many years. It's called
extended_type_info. But in any case, I'm guessing that your guess that
this might be related to the difficulty in serialization polymorphic
types without RTTI might be related. But I've never been able to
justify the time to track it all down.