Subject: Re: [boost] About authorizing CircleCI
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-03-07 06:51:26

Le 06/03/2018 à 20:46, Niall Douglas via Boost a écrit :
> On 06/03/2018 17:40, Vicente J. Botet Escriba via Boost wrote:
>> Hi, recently I heard of CircleCI (https://circleci.com/) and it seems
>> much faster than Travis.
>>
>> Is someone using it? What is your feedback?
> I didn't find CircleCI compelling enough to leave Travis.
I was not suggesting this for all. I just wanted we had the ability to
do it for specific libraries if the authors want to do it.

> Appveyor are running a private Linux beta though.
I want Linux and MacOs builds. In particular I have a lot of issues with
timing with Travis MacOs.
Boost.Thread takes too long with Travis Linux (sometimes it reaches the
50min limit). The same test with CircleCi takes 10-15 min.
> Appveyor understands
> your XML test results output e.g. JUnit XML, and thus tells you exactly
> what test failed. Appveyor can publish artifacts like prebuilt binaries.
> Appveyor is lightning quick for the Windows builds at least, it often
> completes - including all testing - before the Travis build job has begun.
>
> You are probably also already using Appveyor, so it may be quicker to
> add in the Linux support than implementing CircleCI support.
I use it for Windows, yes. It takes too long also.
I'll take a look at how to do it.

Thanks,
Vicente