Subject: Re: [boost] About authorizing CircleCI
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-03-07 22:19:55

Vicente J. Botet Escriba wrote:
> Le 06/03/2018 à 22:05, Adam Wulkiewicz via Boost a écrit :
>> Vicente J. Botet Escriba Via Boost wrote:
>>> Hi, recently I heard of CircleCI (https://circleci.com/) and it
>>> seems much faster than Travis.
>>>

>>> Is someone using it? What is your feedback?
>>>
>>> If the feedback is positive, could someone authorize CircleCI to
>>> access boostorg?
>>
>> We're using it at Boost.Geometry since Jun 2015. The reason is we
>> have many quite extensive tests which fail at Travis due to time and
>> memory constraints.
> Adam, what I must do for Boost.Thread?
> I've already this PR https://github.com/boostorg/thread/pull/213.

We have circle.yml script in the main repo dir defining what needs to be
done. AFAIR it was based on some older Antony Polukhin's TravisCI script
for testing Boost.Variant with Coveralls support. The script is more
complex than the example ones because everything is done by hand, the
tests are divided into 2 parallel builds run on separate containers,
then coverage results are gathered on one machine, combined into one
file and sent to Coveralls.

So if you'd like to use this script you'd have to modify it. There are
comments describing what's happening exactly so you shouldn't have
problems with it. If you decided to use it and run into some problems
contact me.

Plus AFAIR you have to log in at CircleCI with GitHub credentials to
configure some things and then allow CircleCI to have access to your repo.

Adam