Subject: Re: [boost] [release] Boost 1.67.0 Beta 1 Release Candidate 1
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-03-11 13:50:45

On 11 March 2018 at 12:39, Tom Kent via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I got a huge number of Build errors for msvc-8.0 through msvc-12.0, all in
> the context library.

It isn't good that we only find these errors in release candidates. Is
it possible for the testers to do a binary build before running the
tests? The test system doesn't catch these errors as the tests only
run for compilers with the necessary C++11 features.

> Did
> something change from 1.66? This wasn't an issue then.

It looks like execution_context used to have checks for
BOOST_CONTEXT_NO_CXX11, but they were removed. So it would build okay
without C++11, but I'm not sure why that would be needed. Could the
build Jamfile have the same C++11 checks as the tests?

> I think this beta should be blocked until the build is fixed so context
> isn't being built by incompatible compilers, there are simply too many
> errors output.

It's already blocked by the python build error.