Subject: [boost] Fwd: [gsoc18] Boost.Detour & Mentor Search
From: Michael Kiros (michaelakiros_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-03-15 08:36:53

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Michael Kiros <michaelakiros_at_[hidden]>
Date: 15 March 2018 at 02:30
Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc18] Boost.Detour & Mentor Search
To: David Bellot <david.bellot_at_[hidden]>

Hi David,

I have written the draft of a proposal to add a new library (or work on it
during the Summer of Code 2018). It's a proposal
for the addition of Boost.Hook, a function hooking and control flow
augmentation library. It's something I've worked on
a lot in the past and would like to incorporate into Boost so that both I
and others have a centralized, agreed way of
taking an approach to function hooking. I also have plans of integrating it
with Boost.Process and some memory
mapping libraries from Boost so that there are fewer "third-party
dependencies".

Here's a link to the draft: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nh436adVvIHC_
AXTAJi6Wr_uLpM4-SSc/view?usp=sharing

I would really like to know the feedback to this and if anyone's
interesting in mentoring me during the build up
of this project. It's a very interesting, useful topic. I can assure anyone
that.