Subject: Re: [boost] Clang on Windows
From: Marcel Raad (Marcel.Raad_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-03-16 11:33:50

Ah, I don't know what happens if invoked directly. What I meant is, if you
create a new empty project from within Visual Studio and include unit_test.hpp,
you get that error unless you set Linker->System->SubSystem to
"Console (/SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE)" in the project options.

> I think the -flto=thin flag is possibly not properly passed around, or the
> vc linker (link.exe) is invoked instead of lld.exe. As OP's libs are lto
> instrumented, they can only be linked with lld and the flag -flto=thin.

Yes, the error message is from the MSVC linker.

Marcel