Subject: Re: [boost] [cmake] Where to discuss CMake in Boost?
From: Raffi Enficiaud (raffi.enficiaud_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-03-22 08:43:29

Le 22/03/2018 à 09:29, Mateusz Loskot via Boost a écrit :
> On 22 March 2018 at 09:12, Raffi Enficiaud via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Le 19/03/2018 à 13:01, Mateusz Loskot via Boost a écrit :
>>>
>>> TL;TR: Which is the right mailing list to discuss CMake in Boost?
>>>
>>> Numerous CMake discussions happened here lately which,
>>> I think, were mostly about the grand Boost vs CMake strategy, politics.
>>>
>>> The boost-cmake ml has been quiet for years now, according to its
>>> archives.
>>>

>>> Whereas, there has been lots of activity in development of CMake for
>>> various aspects:
>>> to use CMake inside Boost. to use CMake to build Boost, etc.
>>> That is https://github.com/boost-cmake where, in particular,
>>> I'm interested in https://github.com/boost-cmake/bcm
>>>
>>> Where can I ask *technical* questions about those
>>> to avoid polluting wrong list?
>>
>> I would like to point this as well:
>> https://github.com/raffienficiaud/boost-cmake
>
> Thanks for the pointer.
>
> Facing abundance of CMake for Boost attempts, we may need a comparison matrix ;)
>
>> How easy is it to create a ML?
>
> One exists already, or you mean different one?

Right!

The ML is still there, I agree that we should discuss those things in
another place.

My attempt is pretty advanced as all libraries can be more or less
visible on an IDE without much effort. I do not require from a library
author much for adapting the library to cmake, only a couple of
variables, and some dependency definition.

I was stuck on the handling of the stdlib static libraries, required for
instance for the libICU linking in regex. This is not handled well by
cmake, and requires changing the compilation definitions, which I would
like to avoid.

I have also "some" unit testing of those cmake files, and a quickbook
target that I need to finish.

I am willing to get this done :)

Cheers,
Raffi