Subject: [boost] Fwd: Fwd: [gsoc18] Boost.Detour & Mentor Search
From: Michael Kiros (michaelakiros_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-03-22 16:17:04

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Michael Kiros <michaelakiros_at_[hidden]>
Date: 22 March 2018 at 10:16
Subject: Re: [boost] Fwd: [gsoc18] Boost.Detour & Mentor Search
To: Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira <vini.ipsmaker_at_[hidden]>

What's the proper interception place then?

If the game's main function was called main and your hook function was
called _main_hook, then you'd need a way
to get your function inside of the same address space of game's process. So
that would mean DLL injection,
adding your DLL to the list of loaded modules etc.

What's the workflow?

For software where the source code is available you'd simply compile your
executable with the hooks and you
wouldn't have to go through the problem of having your shared library/DLL
getting loaded by the process.