Subject: Re: [boost] [cmake] Where to discuss CMake in Boost?
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-03-24 22:30:06

On 24 March 2018 at 03:10, P F via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> On Mar 23, 2018, at 10:46 AM, Richard via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> [I'm attempting to set replies to boost-cmake_at_[hidden]; we'll
>> see if it works or if the list software rewrites my header.]

[Looks like the latter. I CC'ed this response of mine to
boost-cmake_at_[hidden] to
leave trace of this thread
(https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2018/03/241796.php) in the
archive there]

>> In article <CABUeae_NH8TsFRPYOhKjjrS=6BqOfuoG=HCp4N0TmryGeCxA2g_at_[hidden]>,
>> Mateusz Loskot via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> writes:
>>
>>> For instance, I wish Boost offered CMake support library, review eg.
>>> BCM and let it in.
>>> I'm not speaking of building Boost with CMake, no!
>>> I mean joint development of support scripts for Modern CMake
>>> which are useful for those Boost library developers who wish to add CMake
>>> configuration (along the official BB2), for convenience.
>>> I think such bunch of Boost for CMake scripts would foster better
>>> common practices.
>>
>> OK, I'd consider myself moderately familiar with CMake, but by no
>> means an expert. However, when I read the above paragraph, I have no
>> idea what you are talking about. Can you be more specific?
>
> I think he is talking about installing usage requirements(ie confi.cmake file or pkgconfig files).
>
> Or perhaps he is referring to the general utilities it provides for setting up tests among other things?

Currently, I mean the latter - during my initial attempts aimed to
allow use of CMake
Boost.GIL development, building tests and examples, etc.

I also guess if there is common CMake scripts module, then
libs/hof doesn't have to maintain local copy of BCMTest.cmake
libs/callable_traits doesn't have to write macro callable_traits_append_flag
libs/hana also doesn't have to write macro macro setflag
and peraps host copy of CheckCxxCompilerSupport.cmake

Best regards,