Subject: [boost] [chrono] #13557 Boost 1.67.0 chrono library Windows build installs NTFS junction
From: Stephan T. Lavavej (stl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-06-28 18:39:17

Hi Boost.Chrono devs,

I have some additional information about
https://svn.boost.org/trac10/ticket/13557 . (Also tracked at
https://github.com/StephanTLavavej/mingw-distro/issues/58 , it affects
both MSVC and MinGW.)

As Joshua Morrison discovered, copying
libs/chrono/stopwatches/include/boost/chrono/. to boost/chrono before
building is a workaround that prevents the junction and hardlink from
being created.

Also, I mentioned this on Twitter and René Rivera said: "Those links
are supposed to appear only for the git checkout of @Boost_Libraries
and are created on demand when headers are reference during the header
scanning. Creating those for a release is a bug in the release
process." (https://twitter.com/grafikrobot/status/1011077139511369728
)

I'm still not sure what the correct fix is, but it seems that
boost/chrono should contain the stopwatches files, if they're being
referenced by other headers.

Thanks,
STL