Subject: Re: [boost] Strange libstdc++ versions in travis-ci testers
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-06-28 19:27:27

On 2018-06-28 03:14 PM, Andrzej Krzemienski via Boost wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
> Maybe someone could help me understand the configuration on the travis-ci
> testers.

For avoidance of doubt: what exactly are you referring to by "the
travis-ci testers" ? Lots of Boost projects use their own CI
configuration, so there is a huge variance on compilers and runtimes
being used, some supporting C++11, some not.

> Whenever I push a new commit I get a number of failures from
> travis-ci about missing std::is_trivially_default_constructible from the
> standard library; like here:
> https://travis-ci.org/boostorg/optional/builds/397519342?utm_source=email&utm_medium=notification
>
> Some tests with Boost.Predef indicate that they are clang compiler 3.X, and
> clang 5 with libstdc++ of strange version nubers: macro BOOST_LIB_STD_GNU
> gives values 450400026 and 460700026, which would correspond to releases
> 2015-04-26 and 2016-07-26, but when I look at the release notes for GCC
> there are no releases mentioned of these dates:
> https://gcc.gnu.org/news.html
>
> Maybe someone knows what versions of libstdc++ these are? Or maybe I am
> missing something obvious?

In case of doubt, you should at least add -std=c++11. It's been the
default with recent g++ versions, but not with older ones. Likewise with
clang.

Stefan