Subject: Re: [boost] [MultiIndex] Hinted insertion for multiple indices?
From: Joaquin M López Muñoz (joaquinlopezmunoz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-07-02 15:51:22

El 29/06/2018 a las 9:12, Gareth Sylvester-Bradley via Boost escribió:
> Is there a way to provide insertion hints for multiple indices in
> a multi_index_container?
>
> In a particular example, I have a container with several ordered_non_unique
> indices, and for the majority of insertions, the value will end up at the
> end of these indices.
>
> I'm looking for a way to provide the index.end() hint for all of these indices?
> (Or maybe alternatively, to relax the stability/insertion-order guarantee?)

Hi Gareth,

Just use hinted insertion like:

 Â  m.insert(m.end(),x);

As it happens, the hint in hinted insertion is used for *all* indices,
so providing m.end()
does indeed indicate that insertion should happen as close as possible
to the end of
*each* index.

Is this what you're after? Best regards,

Joaquín M López Muñoz