Subject: Re: [boost] Guidelines on copyright notice maintenance
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-07-04 07:52:08

Yes.

> Would there be someone knowledgeable about it and willing to
> make the update or at least explain it here?
> (I will make it into HTML and PR to boostorg/website)
>
> I understand David and Beman, primary authors of the page [1],
> may no longer be available.
>
> [1] https://www.boost.org/users/license.html
> [2] https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2015/09/225565.php
> [3] https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2015/09/225570.php

I think the above is about right. (as an example, a version 2 library needs a new claim).
And someone taking over maintenance of a library needs to add a new claimant.

Also don't ever remove previous copyright claims - just add new claims and/or claimants. A reason for doing this is that it would
remove the earliest claim date, something that may establish a 'prior art' date that might prevent anyone patenting.

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse