Subject: Re: [boost] [filesystem] PR backlog needs attention
From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-07-23 00:25:47

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 6:52 PM, Rene Rivera via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 19, 2018, 1:03 PM Marshall Clow via Boost <
> boost_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 7:01 PM, James E. King III via Boost <
> > boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >
> > > There are 29 open PRs going back 3 years. This backlog needs some
> > > attention. Some of the pull requests (like documentation changes to
> fix
> > > typos) are trivial. I ran into a warning while building another
> library
> > > that I found was already submitted as a fix in the PRs, but has missed
> > the
> > > 1.68.0 release now.
> > >
> > Contact Beman, and see what he wants to do.
> >

> I thought Beman retired from all things C++ and Boost.

Beman has retired, but he's still around.
(He's registered for CppCon in September, for example)

We should find out what he wants to do with Boost.Filesystem.
(He would probably want to find someone to maintain it, but we should ask
him)

-- Marshall