Subject: Re: [boost] TROJAN INFECTION boost 1.67 binaries for Windows x64 MSVC 14.1
From: Zipper Fish (zipperfish793_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-07-27 13:14:40

Paul, I already feel good and am not panicking, but thank you for your
concern :-)

I am interested in the Windows 3rd party binaries because I try to avoid
building boost manually on Windows if at all possible. As you know, the
Windows Zip file does not contain binaries for the non-header-only parts of
boost.

I already gathered your strategy about using a separate partition to beat
the virus checkers from the archive link that Mateusz shared.

As I wrote in my response to Mateusz, I am simply curious why a virus
checker would flag a false positive in compiled boost libraries. Is it
because viruses use boost libraries? I've used quite a number of libraries
over the years and none that I can recall had this issue. (If this is off
topic, my apologies.)

Best regards