Subject: Re: [boost] A possible date for dropping c++03 support
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-08-26 22:21:21

On 8/26/2018 3:06 PM, Mike Dev via Boost wrote:
> [...]

You are correct in that I do not understand why making an announcement
that Boost is "dropping support for C++03" is going to make any
difference to anybody, when nothing further changes as far as Boost is
concerned and in fact some Boost libraries continue to support C++03
simply because they do not require C++11 on up features. And if
something further is actually supposed to change regarding Boost other
than making such an announcement, I would love to hear about what it is
from you. I do not believe in doing something for no particular reason
just because someone thinks it sounds 'good'. I am also curious about
what documentation is supposed to be changing when you say "changing the
documentation".

If I seem belligerent it is because you are only the last of a stream of
people saying that Boost should "drop support for C++03" without saying
what in particular this is supposed to entail, other than Boost
supposedly announcing that this will be the case.