Subject: [boost] Non-ASCII Path Names in Repo
From: Tom Kent (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-10-17 00:21:20

In the last few days we've had a non-ASCII path name added to the repo:
tools/boostdep/test/utf8-test-ßµ™∃

Which came with commit 8893d1c57951a [1]

I noticed this because a python 2 script (calling shutil.copytree) I had
running on windows that copied the repo around started to fail. I've long
needed to update that script to python 3, and am working on this. However,
I wanted to point this out to the list so we could discuss if there are any
other ramifications of having a non-ascii path.

I vaguely remember some discussion about something like this in the past,
but couldn't find it via search. If this is already a settled topic, that's
great.

Tom

[1]
https://github.com/boostorg/boostdep/commit/8893d1c57951a4a83705ed2030055769bbe687a8