Subject: Re: [boost] The future and present of Boost
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-10-23 08:43:42

> I agree with RR, though, these things
> should not be part of C++, I don't even think the Network TS should be in
> the standard, it's highly specialized stuff, with heaps of pitfalls [most
> user posted problems on this list pertain to ASIO [and Beast (no criticism
> intended, it's just complicated stuff)].

I think there is widespread agreement that if we had a decent and
universal package management solution, most of the standard library
proposals before the committee would no longer be necessary.

Interestingly, P1031 Low level file i/o and the Networking TS are not
examples of those. Both require changes to the core language to work
well. So I think for those two at least, they'd be before the committee
no matter what.

Niall