Subject: Re: [boost] The future and present of Boost
From: Antony Polukhin (antoshkka_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-10-24 05:40:50

On Wed, Oct 24, 2018, 00:49 Raffi Enficiaud via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:
<...>

> If we want higher velocity in boost with the same energy/effort, we
> should reduce the mass. It is as simple as that.

+100500.

For example GCC drops support of platforms that are not maintained for a
while. First GCC gives a big warning in release notes, and then removes
those:

"Support for the powerpc*-*-*spe* target ports which have been recently
unmaintained and untested in GCC has been declared obsolete in GCC 8 as
announced here <https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2018-04/msg00102.html>. Unless
there is activity to revive them, the next release of GCC will have their
sources permanently *removed*."

I do think that this is a useful practice.