Subject: Re: [boost] The future and present of Boost
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-10-24 15:27:16

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 at 17:00, Peter Dimov via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> We can switch to std::function unconditionally, but only if we drop C++03
> (for some definition of C++03 because only the latest and greatest MSVC is
> ~fully C++11 compliant.)

Yes, MSVC is in flux, what's the problem? We don't mind leaving you behind,
but we rather not. Things are going forward, things are moving, nagging is
a waste of time. What does help is filing problems, bugs ... And yes, there
is only one VS version, it's the latest and the greatest, and I think that
is a good thing. Old bugs will not get solved in older versions, but they
will be fixed in newer versions.

degski

--
*“If something cannot go on forever, it will stop" - Herbert Stein*