Subject: Re: [boost] clang-win, again
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-10-26 13:18:29

On Fri, 26 Oct 2018 at 14:57, Edward Diener via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> What makes you think I have not downloaded and installed clang binaries?

You are mentioning that you have experienced problems building Clang/LLVM
using GCC and MinGW. Based on that I conclude that that is what you are
doing [call me stupid, no probs] ... and then that makes me think that the
issues you experience are related to you doing that.

All of my setups for using clang on Windows have involved downloading
> and installing binaries. As others on this thread have expressed there
> are problems using clang on Windows to test Boost libraries. I have
> given what setup works for me best.

What works best. How do you compare best over better, if things fail?
AFAICS, the only result that matters is the one that works correctly. The
config you posted does [as confirmed by Peter], per design [no criticism],
the wrong thing [you implicitly invoke boost-build linux stuff, what could
possibly go wrong?].

degski

--
*“If something cannot go on forever, it will stop" - Herbert Stein*