Subject: Re: [boost] Builds from boost/status fail early?
From: James E. King III (jking_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-10-27 21:09:57

On Sat, Oct 27, 2018 at 5:04 PM Peter Dimov via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> James E. King III wrote:
> > Using develop from this morning (tried various combinations of these
> three
> > options...):
> >
> > boost_at_d48d3305d4b4:/boost/status$ ../b2 toolset=clang variant=release
> > cxxstd=03
> > /boost/tools/build/src/build/feature.jam:491: in validate-value-string
> > from module feature
> > error: "shared:" is not a known value of feature <link>
> > error: legal values: "shared" "static"
>
> I suspect this as the cause:
>
> ../libs/statechart/test/Jamfile.v2:40: Unescaped special character in
> argument <link>shared:$(dll-export)
> ../libs/statechart/test/Jamfile.v2:105: Unescaped special character in
> argument <link>shared:$(dll)
>
> Haven't looked at it too deeply though.
>
> You can exclude statechart from the tests by using
> `--exclude-tests=statechart`.

That was it. Thank you! I was trying to use --without-statechart but that
doesn't work.

Where do we run boost builds in boost/status in CI? Should have caught this
earlier. In any case, I already filed an issue for this. statechart is
one of two remaining
CMT repositories (along with disjoint_sets) i haven't gotten through
sanitizing yet.

- Jim