Subject: Re: [boost] Solving Robert's singleton problem
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-10-30 19:53:12

On 10/30/18 10:17 AM, Alexander Grund via Boost wrote:

>>> The problem has already been fixed, by Alexander Grund. The fix, in
>>> its latest incarnation, is in #131.
>>>
>>> To recap,
>>>
>>> - the Serialization library crashes on exit in certain scenarios, as
>>> demonstrated by the tests in #111 and #128.
>>>
>>> - this is caused by the fact that singleton<X>::is_destroyed() always
>>> returns false, as demonstrated by the test in #129.
>>>
>>> (At extended_type_info_typeid.cpp:99, the code tests
>>> singleton<tkmap>::is_destroyed(), and if false, proceeds to use
>>> singleton<tkmap>::get_mutable_instance(). But since is_destroyed
>>> always returns false, the check doesn't work and doesn't prevent the
>>> library from accessing the destroyed tkmap in the scenario in question.)
>>>
>>> - a fix for is_destroyed() is proposed in #131. It makes the tests
>>> from #111/#128/#129 pass.
>>
>> Hmmm - OK - I'll take yet another look at this.
>>
>> Robert Ramey
>

> With the upcoming release of 1.69 can we get those PRs finally merged
> now? What is still missing?

I merged your latest version of your "test" and it failed no where.
I also managed to reproduce the remaining test failure -
test_dll_exported - on my own machine and have traced it to an related
issue which has now been fixed. I've run all tests on clang and several
gcc compilers on my own system. I'm waiting for final results on the
test matrix and appveyor for windows. These were failing but I need to
upload a jamfile tweak.

Sooo - I believe that that there are no pending issues regarding
singletons, visibility and export.

Robert Ramey