Subject: Re: [boost] [bjam] [build] Documentation for 1.69
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-11-16 19:27:20

On 11/16/2018 11:01 AM, James E. King III via Boost wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 10:43 AM Rene Rivera via Boost <
> boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 9:32 AM Edward Diener via Boost <
>> boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>> the

>>> the
>>>
>>> It has never been there in past releases from the main index.html page.
>>>

>> Which is the main index.html page?
>>

>>> I brought this up before and it was ignored.
>>>

>> :-( Sorry about that, totally my fault for either ignoring it or not
>> noticing it.
>>

> I don't see it in:
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/website/issues
>
> If we don't record these things, and instead just put them on the mailing
> list, the
> likelihood they will not be completed is much higher.

It is not really a website/webpage issue but a distribution issue. The
distribution has an index.html, which gives the doc for the
distribution, and the link in the doc for the Tool Boost.Build never
actually exists.

I mentioned this on a prior post but nobody responded so I did not push
the issue further. I am glad someone else has finally mentioned this
again and others now realize it.