Subject: Re: [boost] Announcing LEAF, a new error handling library suitable for low latency applications
From: Christof Donat (cd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-11-15 09:08:07

Hi,

Am 14.11.2018 23:19, schrieb Emil Dotchevski via Boost:
> LEAF (Low-latency Error Augmentation Framework) is a new error handling
> library which could possibly become the successor of Boost Exception,
> though LEAF can be used without exceptions too.

Having had a short glance at the documentation, I missed the motivation.
Seems like you think it is obvious, but I have not yet understood, what
a library like this could add to exception handling or returning status
codes, where exceptions are not acceptable. Up to now I've used
exceptions for error handling. Why should I prefer to use your library
instead, or additionally?

Christof