Subject: Re: [boost] [DoubleEnded] Status?
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-11-25 07:05:40

On Sat, 24 Nov 2018 at 22:16, Benedek Thaler <thalerbenedek_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> Judging by the review activity and results, my perception was,
> that there isn't a great interest in these components

I had a different impression.

I thought it was quite a lively discussion and the interest increased as
the discussion went on (and a number of decisions got changed [on paper at
least]). As Boost local container guru Ion Gaztañaga was in on the
discussion, I think many just left the discussion develop and observe that
it was [mostly] going in the right direction.

To me devector seems very interesting as it's got great performance
characteristics in view of the functionality it provides. And just
anecdotally, plf::colony got boldly rejected [on the ML] for entry into
Boost, while it will be std::colony in C++20, so go reckon.

degski

--
*“If something cannot go on forever, it will stop" - Herbert Stein*