Subject: Re: [boost] [histogram] should some_axis::size() return unsigned or int?
From: Bjorn Reese (breese_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-12-01 15:28:33

On 11/30/18 11:16 AM, Hans Dembinski via Boost wrote:

> In any other convention, I would have to loop over the internal bins and then handle the extra bins outside of the loop.

I find this to be the cleanest solution, as the under-/overflow bins are
special anyways.

If we wish to iterator over all bins, then you could provide a special
iterator for that. Hopefully it would be possible reuse the existing
iterator and simply provide new begin/end functions.

If we wish to index into the under-/overflow bins, then you could
provide an operator[] that overloads on enum types for the underflow
and overflow bins (as suggested in my formal review.)