Subject: Re: [boost] Windows quarantines boost_1_68_0.7z
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-12-15 07:20:45

> The realistic thing to do is to somehow ask them which file in our archive is flagged so we can fix or remove it.

All batch files, I guess. Boost could use another extension (.bbat),
as the approach to "dangerous" is rather simplistic. I still really
doubt defender actually attempt to decompress an archive that spans
1.5GB disk space, though. And, as it doesn't seem to flag the .zip
file [no reports from this], can it even open .7z files [license
issues maybe] at all?

I have turned defender off completely [easy] and run MalwareBytes on a
regular basis instead [and image my system disk for backup]. Defender
is useless [as in: doesn't find real threats, or even minor ones],
comes up with many false positives and consumes [continuously] huge
resources.

degski

--
*“If something cannot go on forever, it will stop" - Herbert Stein*