Subject: [boost] Feature/cmake-config merged to develop; yml files need to be updated
From: Mike (mike.dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-12-18 18:37:57

> Gesendet: Dienstag, 18. Dezember 2018 um 19:22 Uhr
> Von: "Andrey Semashev via Boost" <boost_at_[hidden]>
>
> On 12/18/18 9:09 PM, Peter Dimov via Boost wrote:
> > I've just merged the superproject branch feature/cmake-config to
> > develop. This updates `b2 install` to export CMake configuration files
> > into the `cmake` subdirectory of the library directory. These
> > configuration files enable a Boost installation to be used from CMake
> > via `find_package(boost_filesystem)`, without relying on FindBoost.
>
> Does this remove the necessity of the CMakeLists.txt files that were
> added recently to multiple libraries?

Best I can tell no: The new functionality is about cmake users being easily
able to consume the output of b2 install, whereas my pull requrest are about
directly building and consuming local copies of boost libraries as part of a
cmake project via add_subdirectory( <boost-lib> ), thus making sure
everything is build with the same settings.

I think the main advantage of the new functionality is that the cmake people
don't have to manually update their FindBoost script everytime boost name
mangling has changed or additional libraries have been added. Which also
means you don't need an up-to date cmake version in order to correctly
find the latest boost libraries.

Best

Mike