Subject: Re: [boost] GitHub testing issues
From: John Maddock (jz.maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-12-19 18:28:57

>> It's also happening on Appveyor, and just from looking at <
>> https://github.com/boostorg/graph/pull/144>, I'm not the only one who is
>> encountering these errors.  Any help would be appreciated.
>
> See Peter's announcement: Feature/cmake-config merged to develop; yml
> files need to be updated

Ugh.  Ok we can update those files, though I bet there are plenty of
libraries that have authors not around here so much that will get caught
by this for months to come.

More of an issue, is that this breaks all the existing PR's against a
library - if the library author spots this and fixes develop *and* the
PR submitters can be persuaded to rebase on develop then we can get past
that, but IMO that's a bit of a tall order.  In the mean time quite a
few libraries will have all new or updated PR's fail all CI tests which
will be rather off-putting for submitters to say the least.

At the very least someone should quickly survey all the existing CI
scripts and file PR's against those that need fixing - a mailing list
announcement that stuff *might* be broken isn't enough IMO.

Just my 2c.... best, John.

---