Subject: Re: [boost] Feature/cmake-config merged to develop; yml files need to be updated
From: James E. King III (jking_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-12-19 20:11:20

On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 2:37 PM Peter Dimov via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> James E. King III wrote:
> > If one uses tools/boostdep and runs depinst, will it pull those in
> > automatically?
>
> No, it doesn't. Although we do need a mechanism to pull those "essential
> submodules" automatically. I'm thinking of having a file named .essentials
> in the root, so that we can then do
>
> git submodule init `cat .essentials`
> git submodule update
>
> in .travis.yml.
>
> > I manually pull in tools/boostdep, tools/build, and tools/inspect, and
> > then run depinst to pull in all the direct and transitive dependencies.
>
> tools/inspect should no longer be necessary. It was a mistake that Jamroot
> required it, and that was fixed.

Thanks - fortunately for any repository using boost-ci already, the
submodule updates were previously factored out into an external
script. I just updated boost-ci with the changes from your original
email. This fixes the CMT repositories, plus function, move,
signals2, date_time, format, and uuid.

- Jim