Subject: Re: [boost] GitHub testing issues
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-12-20 10:05:03

On 12/19/18 10:13 PM, Peter Dimov via Boost wrote:
>> And, since at some point tools/build was made dependent on
>> libs/config, you then had to checkout libs/config too, for things to
>> function.
>
> Correction, it's Jamroot that depends on libs/config, not tools/build.

Interesting, I didn't know about that and removed the manual checkout of
libs/config in a few libraries with the intention that it is pulled by
depinst.py. Is this not a valid change?

It would be nice if we didn't have to checkout *any* submodules except
boostdep (and the library to test, of course) and then depinst would
checkout everything required to run the tests.