Subject: Re: [boost] Integer sorting
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-12-29 09:16:43

On Sat, 29 Dec 2018 at 08:24, Frédéric via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> > I have written a sorting algorithm which is way faster than std::sort for
> > all array size.
>
> Could you give more insights on what you did to make it work so fast?
> The doc is rather small. Also, when comparing with std::sort, could
> you say which implementation of the standard library you use and which
> compiler?

It would be useful to benchmark against ska_sort[1] as well [in addition to
the Boost implementation], which I would say is the fastest (radix-)sort
around [and simple to use].

degski

[1] https://github.com/skarupke/ska_sort

--
*“If something cannot go on forever, it will stop" - Herbert Stein*