Subject: Re: [boost] [parameter] Helping user libraries adjust to recent changes in GitHub develop branch
From: Cromwell Enage (cromwell.enage_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-01-16 18:03:51

Happy New Year, everyone!

> I've been contributing upgrades to Boost.Parameter functionality
> and documentation in the GitHub develop branch for the past
> couple of months. These upgrades include the addition of code
> generation macros for Boost.Parameter-enabled function call
> operators and support for perfect forwarding, and more upgrades
> are yet to come. It's been an enjoyable experience so far,
> but understandably there are some growing pains. I've taken
> pains to ensure that as long as user libraries access only the
> public interface of Boost.Parameter, they won't be affected by
> the changes. However, there are several notable libraries that
> currently use non-public portions of Boost.Parameter, so
> whenever possible I've submitted PRs to those libraries that
> either change the usage to access only public portions
> (preferred) or make quick fixes (temporary).

Update: As of this writing, I have active PRs for the following libraries:

Boost.Accumulators
Boost.Convert
Boost.Graph
Boost.Log

AFAIK, these are the libraries most directly affected by the changes. To
reiterate: I'm willing to help the library maintainers resolve these issues
as quickly as possible. I should be able to answer any questions you have
about the changes to Boost.Parameter.

Cromwell D. Enage