Subject: Re: [boost] [Release] Boost 1.70.0 Beta 1 Release Candidate 2
From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-03-10 15:09:44

Steven Watanabe wrote:

> > list(APPEND _BOOST_IOSTREAMS_DEPS zlib.1 headers)

> You need to strip suffixes. The library id only affects the internal
> Boost.Build target name, not the file names.

I'm not sure about that.

The purpose of that incrementing library-id, as far as I can infer, is to
enable two libraries to have their own private zlib dependencies. But since
it's not reflected in the file names, trying to stage or install the two
libraries will still fail unless they use distinct <build-name>s. And if
they use distinct <build-name>s, there's no need to append a library-id to
them.