Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost-build] Building Boost 1.69 with Visual Studio 1.69
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-03-27 18:55:37

AMDG

On 3/27/19 12:02 PM, Paul Bristow wrote:
>> <snip>
> I was fully up-to-date on develop yesterday, and installed git a week ago (new machine ;-) ).

The current revision of Boost.Build in develop should
be e22a75c8 (March 18)

> I am also slightly concerned that specifying the cl.exe fully may not be updated when Visual studio is updated, as happens today?
> But it does seem to using the new compiler version, even though the full cl.exe file specification is no longer correct.
> Similarly vsvarsall.bat location in the set command will change.
>
> But I am getting Boost library files built OK for several compilers and versions, so that's progress.

Hmm. It looks like VS2019 isn't being autodetected.
It seems to be working for Tom's test runners.

Maybe see what you get from:

vswhere -latest -products * -requires
Microsoft.VisualStudio.Component.VC.Tools.x86.x64 -property
installationPath -version "[16.0,17.0)"

(This is how Boost.Build tries to detect VS2019.)

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe