Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost-build] Building Boost 1.69 with Visual Studio 1.69
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-03-29 10:50:36

On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 at 12:21, Paul A. Bristow via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> But I did notice that vswhere does not find vs2019 at all with the option
> -all,
>
> but vswhere *does* find both VS2017 and VS2019 with -prerelease option.

It all makes sense in my mind. Until VS2019 goes RTM it's not recognised,
unless you specifically ask for it. This means up till that moment, all
default builds will use the latest RTM, which is VS2017. From a corporate
perspective this makes a lot of sense, nobody wants accidents. I've said
this before, until it [VS2019] goes RTM it's as a matter of principle
unstable.

So have I jumped the gun by prematurely installing the preview?

Yes and no, I would say.

degski

--
*Microsoft, please kill Paint3D*