Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc19] Cipher
From: Damian Vicino (damian_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-04-02 17:43:56

Hi Aziz,
Thanks for working in a proposal.
I gave a quick check to your proposal.
I will not go over details of the project internal complexity since it
is not my area of expertise, but more about proposal mechanics and
basics.
The proposal works as a contract which will determine the approval
criteria of each stage of the project, so it needs a time line for
each stage and clear goals. You cannot put ellipsis items, what you
propose is what you plan to deliver, if you put "..." it seems like
you not sure what you plan to deliver.
I see you proposing to implement a list of many algorithms, are you
sure they are legal to implement? I mean, some of them may have
patents for example.
You don't explain why a library like that would be needed, whats wrong
with just wrapping openssl or something else?
Neither you explain how to implement those algorithms, any specifics?
Are you going to use hw acceleration? Any particular standard? Etc...
Best regards,
Damian Vicino