Subject: Re: [boost] CMake, modular Boost, and other stories
From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-04-23 20:18:01

Glen Fernandes wrote:
> > the various library configuration files should be implementation details
> > of a single Boost package
>
> Do they need to live in the library, or is more idiomatic for these too to
> reside within (and be maintained as part of) a separate sub-module
> repository that also houses the one CMakeLists.txt?

These files are generated by `b2 install`, they don't reside in a repo. The
difference is that at the moment they are generated in separate
CMake-accessible directories so that `find_package` can find them, whereas
if we drop that, they'll only need to be accessible to BoostConfig.cmake,
probably in subdirectories below it.