Subject: Re: [boost] [ Interest? ] [ out_ptr ] Tiny C++ Abstraction for C-Style Output Pointers
From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-05-12 02:14:44

On Sat, May 11, 2019 at 5:50 PM JeanHeyd Meneide via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Currently, there is a (new) public implementation using only Boost
> and consumable from C++11 compilers: https://github.com/ThePhD/out_ptr .

I cloned the repository, configured the CMake, and generated a Visual
Studio 2017 solution and project files. Everything built correctly
although I could not figure out how to run the tests, because the
generated solution and projects, while correct - are not friendly for
someone who spends most of their development time isolated in the IDE
(like me).

Looks like nice work so far, but a disclaimer applies: I personally
have no use-case for out_ptr so I don't have a strong opinion on it.

Regards