From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-05-26 16:30:13

On 5/26/19 7:17 PM, Peter Dimov via Boost wrote:
> Andrey Semashev wrote:
>> > That's just how `bcp` works as far as I can see. When you tell it to
>> > copy the library X and X depends on Log, it assumes that everything
>> > needed to build Log is contained in libs/log/build and libs/log/src,
>> and > only copies these two directories.
>>
>> Can it be modified to copy the whole directory structure?
>
> Probably, but that would defeat its purpose, which is to extract the
> minimum usable subset.

Well, extracting a subset of *headers* sounds reasonable, but the
sources and building infrastructure cannot be split. In fact, I'd say
when it comes to buildable libraries, you have to copy the whole library
since some headers may be referenced by the library sources.

> It could probably be changed to copy
> libs/$LIB/config as a special case.

Maybe copy everything except tests, examples and docs?