From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-07-17 19:34:10

On Wed, 17 Jul 2019 at 19:50, Maarten Verhage via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> > I have had much to say regarding documentation of C++ libraries. see
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxmdCxX9dMk&t=2s . I won't repeat here the
> > advice/observations contained in the video. I've also been a persistent
> > nagger and critic of the documentation of C++ libraries submitted to
> > review.
> > [...]
>
> Thank you all for sharing your thoughts about documentation. I admit I've
> not much experience with other libraries. Good to hear that more recent
> library docs are considered better.
>
> I have sent a private email to Michael Caisse and Joel de Guzman (X3 author)
> for what I think are improvements for the documentation.

IMHO, I'd be careful about using private channels for communication regarding
open source projects. Don't be surprised if your message will go to /dev/null.

Open source projects have issue trackers, mailing lists and other *public*
*opt-in* channels which, IMHO, are the right ways to direct a project-specific
communication.

Best regards,