From: Hans Dembinski (hans.dembinski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-08-05 07:56:54

> On 27. Jul 2019, at 06:51, Bo Persson via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> Sounds like a good idea.
>
> Old US copyright laws specifically mention "Copyright" and "Copr." as proper forms, but says nothing about "Copyright:".
>
> Wouldn't want to stuble on such a technicality, would we? :-)
>

>> Although I'm all for making the attributions and licensing consistent :-)
>
> Right.

The best proposal I have seen in this thread is to consistently apply the template from https://www.boost.org/users/license.html everywhere. If it is consistently applied, it is easy to parse automatically, even if the format is not particularly parser-friendly.

As was said before, we need a new check in the Boost test matrix
https://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/summary.html
to enforce consistency, since the inspection reports
http://boost.cowic.de/rc/docs-inspect-develop.html
are currently not enforced.

License and copyright errors are by far the most common problems found by the inspection tool, so by adding a check to the test matrix we could clean that up a lot.

Best regards,
Hans