From: Janek Kozicki (janek.listy.mailowe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-08-10 10:31:41

Robert Ramey via Boost said: (by the date of Fri, 9 Aug 2019 22:48:59 -0700)

> I'm wondering if given the existence of a boost and std version of the
> same library, it might be better policy to prefer the boost version.

I agree 100%. Also this is the approach which I recommend to my
students. Although my reasoning was a little different. I did not
focus on std:: implementation discrepancies between various vendors.
I rather emphasized fact that boost is always at least 5 years ahead
of the standard. And most likely you need a feature now, rather than
wait 5 years. Then in 5 years you have plenty of code which already
uses boost. No need to reorganize it now and switch it to std::

best regards
Janek Kozicki