From: Kenneth Porter (shiva_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-08-21 23:21:30

On 8/21/2019 4:05 PM, JH via Boost wrote:
> there might be no chance to
> match the requirement simply because Linux is not a realtime OS?

You're at the mercy of the scheduler. Another process can always hog the
CPU and lock you out until it's done. Have you reniced your process to
increase your priority over other tasks? I recall the scheduler has
acquired a lot of "knobs" over the last couple decades so this might
require some research to see if any of them can help you. (It's an
interesting problem so I'm interested in hearing what solutions you find.)