From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-09-23 01:21:23

On Sun, Sep 22, 2019 at 6:12 PM Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Why does it need to depend on Beast?
> That's not the kind of dependency I'd expect from a JSON library.

There are these four Beast includes which are leftovers from the
initial development which will eventually be removed so that the
library only depends on basic Boost facilities (Align, Assert, Config,
Container, Utility):

#include <boost/beast/core/static_string.hpp>
#include <boost/beast/core/file.hpp>
#include <boost/beast/core/flat_buffer.hpp>
#include <boost/beast/core/detail/clamp.hpp>

static_string is being developed into its own proposed library:

<https://github.com/vinniefalco/fixed_string>

clamp.hpp provides a trivial inline function that I will simply copy
over. The flat_buffer will be replaced with a straightforward memory
allocation. The dependency on file.hpp will be removed by using std
facilities to read from the file.

Thanks