From: Hans Dembinski (hans.dembinski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-11-22 13:36:18

> On 21. Nov 2019, at 16:23, Krzysztof Jusiak via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> I was wondering whether there is any interest in exploring a C++20 single
> header/single module, macro-free Unit Testing Framework with no
> dependencies?
>
> Github: https://github.com/boost-experimental/ut

It is impressive. I didn't know that catch2 takes so much computation time. Could you include Boost.Test and lightweight_test from Boost.Core in your benchmark?

The small binary size and compilation time suggests that some of the tests are completely evaluated at compile-time. Is that what happens?

Syntax-wise, the absence of macros is impressive, although there is a steep price to pay, I have to writing out lambdas and literals excessively, which leads to a lot of squiggly characters to type. I don't like macros, but the downsides of macros are not relevant in a test framework.

Best regards,
Hans