From: Richard Hodges (hodges.r_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-11-23 14:13:47

> I don't see a compelling case for a unit-test library to be
> standardized.

I respectfully disagree here. Standardisation aids adoption, learning and
portability.

My view is that c++ would be more popular if the standard was wider in
scope. The arguments I hear against using c++ in new projects include “you
need arcane knowledge to actually achieve anything”.

It is for this reason that I regard boost beast as the most pivotal library
to bless the c++ community since the boost project was started.

And I see nothing wrong with macros.

Except that they pollute the global namespace and contribute to unintuitive
bugs?

They are not going
> away, ever.

We can hope and work in that direction.