From: Bjorn Reese (breese_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-11-24 11:59:39

On 11/17/19 5:05 PM, Robert Ramey via Boost wrote:

> Implementing JSON for boost serialization wouldn't be very hard. I'm
> suprised that in 15? years no one has done it.  In fact no one has even

This is news to those of us who have used them for years:

http://breese.github.io/trial/protocol/trial_protocol/json/user_guide/serialization.html
   http://cppcms.com/wikipp/en/page/cppcms_1x_serialization

both of which have been mentioned several times on this mailing-list.

Not to mentions all those who had to resort to using Boost.PropertyTree
for JSON serialization.

Or the GSOC 2013 JSON proposal...

> asked for it!.  Were I to do it, I'd follow the design using boost
> spirit which has served me well for many years.  It's easy to maintain,
> relatively simple to implement, efficient enough so that no one has
> complained about when used for xml.  It turned xml serializaton ( a dumb
> concept I felt I had to implement) into a non-issue.

The Boost.Spirit approach works for XML because you have effectively
created a pull parser, which is the approach I have been arguing for.
I have yet to see a push parser (which Vinnie's parser is) work for
serialization.